The museum is underground, between the original Twin Towers.
How to Get There
Visit New York without shopping? Of course you can. You can visit one of famous museum in the heart of the New York City. This memorial and the museum are located at the World Trade Center site in lower Manhattan at 180 Greenwich St. There are some public transposrtation that you can use:
1. by Subway
• A, C, 1, 2 or 3 to Chambers Street
• A, C, J, Z, 2, 3, 4 or 5 trains to Fulton Street
• 2 or 3 trains to Park Place
• E train to World Trade Center
• R train to Rector Street
• R train to Cortlandt Street
• 1 train to Rector Street
2. by Bus
• M5 Southbound: get off at Broadway and Thames Street
• M5 Northbound: get off at Trinity Place and Rector Street
• M20 Southbound: get off on South End Avenue between Liberty Street and Albany Street
• M22 Southbound: get off on Vesey Street between North End Avenue and West Street
What to Do
9/11 Memorial and Museum was built in 11 September 2011 and finished in March 2006. This museum is open daily from 7.30 am to 9 pm with admission fee about $ 24, $ 44 for museum admission and Museum tour and $ 39 for Museum Admission Memorial Tour.
There are two waterfalls constructed in the footprints of the twin towers that were destroyed by terrorists on 11 September 2001. They begin at ground level and fall into the earth. In this place, you'll see about 3000 names who became victims on that tragedy.
9/11 Museum is dedicated to the attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City on September 11, 2001. The museum is underground, between the original Twin Towers.
This museum teels the story of the terrorist attacks in detail, from the terrorist bombing at the World Trade Center in 1993 to rebuilding afterward. There are audio and video technology that can bring you to the morning of 11 September 2001, moment by moment though the eyes of those who were there.
Moreover, you can see artifacts large and small, including a smashed fire truck and some photos and biographies of the nearly 3000 victims are honored.
Video by TheJennyWalaShow
Tips and Trick
- Purchase timed tickets online in advance.
- If this is your first time visit, better you take full tour package.
- Wanna get free tour? Visit this museum on Tuesday from 5 pm to close.
- Bring Camera
- Keep the place clean.